During a time like now, it's critical to reduce stress as much as possible. The pandemic has created a different lifestyle for all of us.
This is a big reason for learning how to reduce stress in your life. Managing the stress in your life can become difficult in addition to paying bills, getting out of debt, reaching your financial goals, thinking about retirement, etc.
Certainly, wouldn't it be great to simplify things a big right?
2020 has flown by and it's a perfect time to start thinking about how to reduce stress in your life for the future.
A great goal to finish the year is to find ways to reduce stress and apply that knowledge to your daily life for years to come.
Related reading: 10 Personal Development Tips To Make Your Wealthy
Ultimately, reducing stress in your life can make you happier, have more control of your life, and enjoy living a little more.
Reducing stress has a different meaning for everyone. However, in general, it means you're getting rid of unnecessary things so you can have more time for things you love.
Let's talk about 10 tips to help you reduce stress. Most importantly, you don't have to do everything on the list below.
But you should think about things you love in life and choose the tips that help you work towards removing things that are not important to you.
Here are our tips on how to reduce stress in your life
Take a deep breath and slow down if you want to reduce stress
We are guilty of doing too much at once in life and not taking a moment to slow down and enjoy it.
By taking a deep breath and slowing down, you'll have more time for things you enjoy and have the ability to reduce stress.
Certainly, this is easier said than done. However, if you give it the right amount of attention, you will be able to accomplish this goal.
Start meditating a few times a week
Meditating has been one of the best things we have started doing to reduce stress. We can see the difference in our sleep and daily lives once we started meditating.
You can spend 5-10 minutes a few times per week meditating to sleep more, reduce stress, and live better.
We use and love the Calm app for our meditation sessions. Their focus is on mental fitness, relaxation, and sleep.
Another good resource for learning about meditation is LinkedIn Learning. They have easy-to-follow videos and courses to help you get started.
Understand your values in life
A very important thing to do is figure out what matters to you most in life. This will help you reduce stress by removing unnecessary things and people from your life.
In fact, you may experience stress from certain things that you don't even realize. Taking time to analyze your values will create a clear understanding of what you should spend your time on.
Differentiating between things that are important and those that are not is critical.
Automate your payments
Money management can create a lot of stress in your life. But, you can automate a lot of your financial transactions. You can choose to have your paychecks direct deposited, you can use auto-pay for your bills, and you can even use auto-pay for your utility bills or credit card payments.
We use this approach for all of our finances. But, we still check through all of the transactions and payments when the due date arrives. This allows us to reduce stress because we never have to worry about forgetting to pay a bill.
In fact, most of our bills are the same each month, so we can quickly check our banking app to make sure the payment is processed correctly.
You can even consider automated investing to start saving for your future. A great option is Acorns. This investing platform makes it easy to start micro-investing.
A recent study showed that if you invested $7 a week from the day you were born, you would have over $800,000 by retirement age. That's assuming you had an 8% annual rate of return.
The most important thing when it comes to investing is to start as early as possible and stay consistent.
Use a reminders app in your phone
As you know, we all use our smartphones for everything nowadays. It's very easy to create a reminder on your phone so if you have an appointment or meeting you won't forget.
In general, this will help reduce stress and make your life easier because you won't have to worry about potentially forgetting something or missing a payment.
We create reminders for things such as:
- Business meetings or appointments
- Personal appointments
- Renewing our license plate tags for our cars
- The day we get paid
- Outreach and networking with colleagues
Get out of debt to reduce stress in your life
Carrying a ton of debt can create a lot of stress that's hard to get rid of. You may constantly think about the debt and it can be mentally draining.
Ultimately, getting out of debt will help you reduce stress and manage your finances better.
The best way to get out of debt fast is by increasing your income and getting rid of expenses that you decide aren't important to your life.
You can start using side hustles to increase your income. Here are some good places to start:
- Survey Junkie: earn money by completing online surveys.
- Inbox Dollars: earn cash for reading emails, playing online games, and searching the web.
- Start a money-making blog: download our free email course to get started
Get organized to reduce stress in your life
Having an unorganized life can make you feel like you are wasting a lot of your time. This can lead to stress, misplaced items, and more.
We found some interesting data from Organized Interiors about the organization:
- Being unorganized results in 23% of adults paying their bills late and incurring late payment fees.
- It's estimated that only 20% of the things we own we actually use.
- Being unorganized causes 80% of the household clutter people have.
- Phones, paperwork, sunglasses, and keys are the most commonly misplaced items.
Spend less time on social media
Social media has become so popular that the average person spends 50% of their time on their social media apps. It's very easy to spend hours on social media without even realizing it.
You may find yourself being negatively impacted by spending too much time on social media. It may be a great idea to deactivate your social media accounts or create a time limit so you cannot access your accounts after a certain amount of time.
Live with a positive mindset
Life can be very difficult and stressful. But, you are wasting your time by living with negativity. It's simply a decision you have to make that you will no longer live with negativity.
In fact, constantly complaining about the past or gossiping can lead to you being unproductive. Instead, use that time to focus on things that actually matter to you.
By living with a more positive mindset, you will be able to reduce stress in your life and be happier.
Don't be afraid to say no
If you get in the habit of constantly saying yes, you will create unnecessary stress in your life. Other people's problems will become your problems.
Sometimes you may have to say no to help reduce the stress in your life and focus on the thing you want to focus on.
We hope you enjoyed today's post on how you can reduce stress in your life.
Leave a comment below with tips you would add to our list.
If you are new to our blog
We are huge fans of finding ways to make and save more money because this can help reduce stress. Below are some of our favorite sites and products that may be helpful for you:
- Start a blog. Blogging is one of the best decisions we have made. We love how we can help people and have fun while learning along the way. You can create your own blog here without an easy-to-follow tutorial. You can start your blog for as low as $3.95 per month and you will receive a free domain if you sign-up using our tutorial.
- Save money on eating out. We recently joined the $5 Meal Plan so we had an easy way to reduce eating out. These meals cost about $2 per person or even less. You will save time by not having to plan your meals and save money as well.
- Consider refinancing your student loans with LendKey. You can potentially lower your student loan interest rate by using LendKey. Certainly, this may save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
- Try online surveys. We love online surveys and focus groups to increase income. We recommend trying Swagbucks, Focus Group, Focus Forward, InboxDollars, Survey Junkie, and Product Report Card. The best approach is to sign up for as many as you can so you can receive the most surveys. And the best part is they are free to use!
- Sign up for cashback sites. Rakuten is a great site to earn cashback for spending online as you normally do. This service is easy to use and free! Also, when you sign up using our link, you will get a free $10 welcome bonus!