Today, you will have the opportunity to learn how to easily start a WordPress blog.
Certainly, our initial thoughts when starting our personal finance blog were full of nervous emotions about putting it out there that we hoped no one would ever read it.
However, what started as our "secret project" has changed our lives and allowed us to leverage our spare time to make money doing what we love. With us taking a leap of faith, we had 150 subscribers to our email list in the first 4 weeks!
So, let us guess....people keep telling you that you should start a blog?
And you've thought about doing it, but just don't know where to start?
Certainly, you can start a money-making blog for just a few dollars a month!
Below, we have included our Bluehost referral link that so that you can start a blog for cheap.
In addition, you will receive your domain for free for the first year through our link.
Most importantly, act quick because we are not sure how long the great prices will last!
Click here to start a blog on WordPress, then use the tutorial below for the easy instructions.
Don't wait. Today is your day to start your blog!
To begin, if you're looking to start a WordPress blog for a low cost, then choosing Bluehost for your hosting needs may be the solution.
Above all, our experience with Bluehost has been great and it's a great web hosting company.
Above all, blogging is one of the best decisions we have ever made. Further, it allows us to share our personal perspective on personal finance, as well as continue our wealth building journey while helping others.
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, we had more free time than expected.
Ultimately, we have used this time wisely to continue to improve our blog.
Our goal was never to make money from blogging, but there are many ways to make money from blogging-related services, and we want to help you get started!
Benefits of starting your WordPress blog
One of the best things about blogging is the flexibility. You can work from home, travel, or even blog while keeping your 9 to 5 job.
Anyone can make money with a blog, and you can make the money back that you pay for hosting very quickly.
The initial investment to get started is a low cost and well worth it, and we are sure you will be able to make your money back quickly.
Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies, and you can start your own blog with them for as low as $3.95 a month.
In addition, signing up using our link, you will get your domain free when purchasing a 12 month or longer hosting plan (a $15 value).
Most importantly, the best value would be purchasing a 36 month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower.
So, you may be thinking "Well there has to be a cheaper way to start my blog or I can just use Blogger and learn that way" PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. To clarify, there are definitely many other solutions out there for starting a blog.
However, there are many reasons why they are a really bad idea. Ultimately, you should set up a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
WordPress blog income
Above all, paying for your hosting with a hosting company such as Bluehost, is an absolute MUST to make money off your blog, freelance, or turning it into a business.
For example, Bluehost gives you the ability to run your own advertisements, affiliate links, direct advertising, etc. and it is a really cheap option. In addition, your domain is free for the first year!
Most importantly, making money through other solutions is very difficult and sometimes never happens.
For instance, some people choose Blogger as a solution, but many advertisers stay away from Blogger websites because it is not as professional as a WordPress self-hosted blog.
Above all, this is the most important reason you should set up a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
While making a lot of money from blogging is not easy, research has shown in year 1 you can potentially make between $500 - $2000 a month if you constantly work at it.
7 reasons to choose Bluehost for your WordPress blog
- FREE blog domain is provided.
- WordPress through Bluehost is FREE.
- It's easy to use and Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog.
- ANYONE can easily create a WordPress blog using our tutorial below.
- Bluehost is really affordable for web hosting that provides your own blog with the only real expense being the cheap blog hosting, which starts at $3.95 per month.
- A more professional look to readers and companies if you are self-hosted on Bluehost instead of Blogspot.
- Ability to monetize your blog by being self-hosted.
To get started, head over to Bluehost. Certainly, there are a large number of web hosting companies out there, but Bluehost is legitimately one of the best. As a result, many bloggers choose Bluehost for this exact reason. Certainly, learn how to get started with your blog on Bluehost with the tutorial below. Therefore, don't hesitate to contact us for assistance with setting up your blog (picking a plan, pricing, how to set it up, etc.) Click here to start the process.
How to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost
1. Register your domain name
Click here to purchase a domain name and create a blog. After that, continue through the tutorial to follow the easy steps.
To begin, you will need to think about what you want your domain name to be when starting your WordPress blog on Bluehost. This can be a difficult process, and we suggest you take some time to really think it through.
As a result, you may experience the domain you want is taken. Head over to Bluehost to see if your domain name is available. Our domain name was created because our primary goal was to provide information about personal finances that most people believe are not well known (aka secrets).
That is to say, you can get your domain directly through Bluehost and make the entire process very easy. Selecting the 12 month or longer Bluehost web hosting plan will get you a FREE domain for the first year.
As a result, signing up for the 12 month of longer hosting plan will save you a good amount of money down the road. The free domain being included makes it even better.
To receive the best possible deal, you can select the 36 month plan, which provides an even cheaper rate. After that, continue to the next step if you decide to get the free domain.
Purchasing your hosting and getting the free domain can be completed in one step.
The "Basic" package is most likely all you will need and is the package we recommend.
2. Buy hosting for your blog
Hosting is simply renting space on the web to display your blog. Setting up a WordPress blog on Bluehost is very straightforward and we will cover the costs of blogging below:
- We suggest the "Basic" plan when selecting your plan. The Basic plan is really all you need and is $3.95 per month through our link when you sign up for 36 months, which is a great price. Further, when you select the 24 month plan, then the price is $4.95 per month. Lastly, when you sign up for the 12 month plan, then the price is $5.95 per month. Most importantly, the best value would be purchasing the 36 month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over time. The more years you sign up for, the less you pay. However, we recommend purchasing the 12 month plan if you are not 100% sure about blogging, which is still a great price. You will still receive the free domain when you sign up for the 12 month plan or more, which saves you money.
- For now, the Basic plan is all you really need. We highly suggest skipping the more expensive plans (Plus, Choice Plus, & Pro). Ultimately, if you want to upgrade in the future, it is easy to select and pay the difference for an upgraded plan.
- Domain Privacy Protection is the other item we highly recommend when starting your blog. This option will make sure your contact information stays protected. However, the other items are not needed and we suggest not selecting them.
- Be certain to sign up using our referral link to make sure you get your free domain when purchasing the 12 month or longer blog hosting plan.
The steps below will walk you through purchasing hosting for your blog:
- Visit Bluehost and select "Get Started Now".
- Click on the package you would like to purchase.
- Enter your domain name you registered earlier, or sign up for a new domain.
- Enter your account information, complete package section, and enter payment information.
- After that, you will click submit and be asked to enter a password. Please make sure to select a strong password so your blog is secure.
If you have any problems, please contact us. Also, Bluehost has great customer service and can help solve any of your issues quickly.
3. Connect your domain to Bluehost.
Note: You can skip this section if you purchased your domain directly through Bluehost.
A domain purchased through Go Daddy will need to be connected to your hosting account. Please click here to see how to connect your domain to Bluehost.
4. Installing WordPress on Bluehost.
Ultimately, this is the most exciting step. Continue reading to start your WordPress blog on Bluehost.
Bluehost makes creating a WordPress blog easy and it is FREE. WordPress is the blogging software that we use for secrettofinance.com.
- Create your password, and follow the guides that Bluehost provides on what steps you need to take to start your blog. Once logged in, this is the step where you officially have your own blog! Welcome to the blogosphere!
- To begin, Bluehost will prompt you to pick a theme. WordPress has a ton of free themes to pick from. You can go through the options and pick one that you like. Your theme can be changed later, so this is not a big deal. We use Astra Pro for our theme, one of the fastest growing themes available.
- Click on "Start Building." We use Elementor to build our website, one of the world's leading WordPress page builders. It is a great option.
- After that, choose "Business" or "Personal" — it's up to you. Or, you can simply choose "I don't need help."
Congratulations! You now have your WordPress blog and theme installed. It will require some time and work on the design of your blog. Focus on producing high-quality content alongside your beautiful design. Good luck!
Here are some general tips for how to navigate WordPress:
- Click on "Media" on the left menu to select images.
- Create new posts by clicking on "Posts" on the left menu.
- To send newsletters or emails to your readers, ConvertKit is the best option. Check out ConvertKit to get started.
- View free and premium themes by clicking "Appearance" on the left menu then click "Themes." Activate the theme you want to use and start designing your website!
- Add pages to your site by clicking "Pages" on the left menu.
- Click "Plugins" on the left side to add enhancements to your blog.
Do you have a blog? Are you thinking about starting a blog? Share your blogging mistakes with us. We hope you enjoyed our tutorial to start a WordPress blog and benefit from the FREE course.