Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective. Please read our disclosure for more info.
As you all know, during our debt-free journey we found multiple ways to increase our income as a side hustle. And, that includes legitimate survey sites such as Survey Junkie.
Lately, we have received a lot of questions from readers on how to increase income while paying off debt.
Online survey companies are a great option for a side hustle. However, it’s hard to know what sites are legitimate and what’s not due to the large number of scams out there.
That is to say, not all side hustles are scams. There are definitely some survey sites that don’t pay well and aren’t worth your time.
Today, we would like to review Survey Junkie, which is a legitimate survey company.
Related content to side hustles:
What is survey junkie?
Survey Junkie is a platform where consumers can take company provided surveys to provide valuable market research.
Survey Junkie is an online community with over 10 millions members dedicated to making your voice heard. They give you the ability to connect with brands you love. And, you can provide your opinions and suggestions on products and services of the future.
In short, Survey Junkie is a survey site that pays you for your opinion about different brands and products. At the end of the day, you probably already have an opinion on most products. So, it makes sense to get paid for it!
How do you know if a survey site is legitimate
First off, while Survey Junkie is a legitimate survey site, there are many sketchy ones out there. However, we wouldn’t be reviewing Survey Junkie if it wasn’t legitimate.
We often receive emails from our reading asking if certain sites are real and what they should do.
Here are some guidelines to follow when trying to figure out if a survey site is legitimate:
- Do they charge an upfront fee? We have taken many in-person, phone, and online paid surveys and have never been ask to pay any money. If you’re asked to pay a fee, it’s most likely a scam.
- Does it sound too good to be true? Survey sites won’t pay enough to be a full-time income. Just answering some questions is more of a side hustle. To clarify, any get rich quick schemes are usually fake.
- Did you actually sign up for the survey site? Some fake websites are setup just to take your information. Most importantly, if you don’t remember signing up or giving your contact information, delete the emails and don’t click any links!
Pros and cons of Survey Junkie
The biggest benefit of survey junkie is that it’s very easy to use. Another key point, their site and user interface is clean and simple.
To put it another one, even if you’re new to survey sites and are not a fan of technology, you can create a profile and get started within minutes.
One of our favorite things about Survey Junkie is that you can be paid through PayPal.
It allows you to cash out your points quickly and easily instead of waiting for payment via mail like some other survey sites require.
Most other sites require payment via gift cards or physical checks.
On the other hand, Survey Junkie does have some downsides. Over time, there have been a lot of users complain about their accounts being close or removed without notice.
However, it doesn’t happen to everyone but it’s something to be aware of.
Also, some users reported that they didn’t receive payment immediately after cashing out their points.
This is something that could be annoying because you will have to contact customer service to get the issue resolved.
Currently, Survey Junkie only accepts members from the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or the United Kingdom.
If you don’t live in one of these places, then you’re not able to join. However, there are other platforms available to use that we will talk about later.
How long does a survey take? How much money can you make?
You will receive email notifications throughout the month for surveys you may qualify for.
There isn’t a set amount that you will receive. It all depends on if you background matches with what the client may be interested in.
A typical survey takes around 10 minutes to complete. Most importantly, they’re all completed online. So, the process is very straightforward and easy to do.
However, while you won’t get rich from completing surveys, it’s a great side hustle to do in your spare time for extra cash.
Survey Junkie points are worth one cent each. So, a survey with a 100-point reward will earn you $1.
Also, you must have a minimum of $10 in your account before you can cash out.
By joining several survey sites you can increase the number of surveys you’re eligible to complete.
Ultimately, this increases the amount of money you can potentially make.
That is to say, the total amount of money you can make from online surveys mostly depends on the amount of time you dedicate to it.
If you sign up for multiple sites and spend a few hours a week completing surveys, you can earn up to $200 a month.
Are side hustles worth it?
Some survey sites and side hustle have bad reviews and that’s understandable. However, if you choose the right ones, then you can make it worth your time.
Here’s a list of our favorite side hustles:
- Start a blog. Use our free tutorial to start your blog in less than 15 minutes.
- Swagbucks. Earn gift cards for answering surveys. Sign up in less than 2 minutes and get a free $10 bonus.
- Ibotta. Earn cash on everyday purchases.
- Inbox Dollars. Earn cash for reading emails, playing online games, and searching the web.
- Rakuten. Earn cash back for shopping at your favorite stores. Join today and get a $10 cash bonus.
- Sell services on Fiverr. Use your skills to make money.
- Product Report Card. Influence products and service decisions by sharing your opinion.
- Focusgroup.com. Share your opinion about the products and services you use daily.
- Focusfwd.com. Earn rewards by participating in market research focus groups and surveys.
- Sell things on eBay. Post things you don’t use online to make extra money.
- Freelance on Upwork. Remote job opportunities.
Final words - Survey Junkie and side hustles
After testing out Survey Junkie, we can confirm it’s 100% legitimate and not a scam. However, it won’t make you rich. But, it’s an easy way to complete surveys in your spare time.
We complete surveys across multiple sites in our spare time and the extra money definitely helps. You can use the extra cash to pay off debt, enjoy a night out, or even buy something you’ve been saving for.
Sign up online here to try Survey Junkie and spend some time completing surveys to see how you like it. Side hustles are a great way to make money from home and we love them.
Choose a few of the side hustles we have talked about and see how much extra money you can make.
Have you tried Survey Junkie or any other survey site?
Let us know what you think in the comments below!